Discover More About Nick's Welding
NICK'S WELDING AND FABRICATING, INC. was started in the year 2000 by Nick Helstad, with the help of some of his friends and his father. Nick remodeled one of his father's unused machine sheds and created a small welding business mainly doing repair work and fabricating many different high quality projects for a fair price. Over the years the business has grown rapidly with many changes and hurdles to overcome.
- In 1999 Nick Helstad graduated with a welding degree from Western Technical College in La Crosse, WI with high honors.
- In 2001 Lesley Helstad started doing accounting for Nick's & Welding & Fabricating, Inc. while going to college.
- In 2005 Lesley Helstad Graduated from UW- Eau Claire with a Bachelor of Administration with an emphasis in accounting with Summa Cum Laude (Highest Honors).
Some of the many milestones of NICK'S WELDING & FABRICATING, INC.
- Expanding the original shop in 2003 from 1200 sq.ft. to 3360 sq.ft.
- Becoming a corporation in 2007, with Nick Helstad as President / Secretary and Lesley Helstad as Vice-President /Treasurer.
- Building a new facility in 2008 that is 13,000 sq.ft, with a much larger fabrication shop, material storage, painting facility, and offices located conveniently a half mile off I-94, on State Hwy 95 East of Hixton, Wisconsin. It was a big move; however, it provided for future growth and the expansion necessary to serve our customer and expanding customer cliental.
- As of 2012 we have 14 employees to serve our customers' needs with fabricating of steel, aluminum, and stainless products, large or small, to the highest degree of skill level possible.
- In 2013 we added on to our shop with a 12,000 sq. ft. fabrication bay that has a 10 ton and a 15 ton overhead crane.The paint shop was also expanded to accommodate more painting of finished product. So now we have nearly 25,000 sq. ft. of shop area.
- In 2014 we purchased our first semi-tractor, in addition to our other trucks to do deliveries and pickup of our own steel at the mill or warehouse. We have also started to do hauling for other suppliers and customers.
- In 2015 we have nearly 30 employees between the shop, office and truck drivers. We have continued to grow with new and repeat customers and have been very busy for the past several years.